Choreography and interpretation - Elsa Couvreur and Mehdi Duman
Text - Mehdi Duman
Link to DIVISAR: http://www.divisar.ch/portfolio/anchor
- 28 January 2018, Festival Antigel, "Au fil de l'Aire", Geneva (work in progress)
- 15 March 2018, Projet H107 (work-in-progress)
- 21 April 2018, Journées TAC TAC TAC, ST-Martin, Lausanne (work in progress)
- 3 to 11 August 2018 - Greenside Venues, Nicolson Square, Lime Studio - Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- 17 March 2019 - The Cockpit, London UK
- 22 March 2019 - Sprint 19, Camden People's Theatre, London UK
- 1st May 2019 - Scène dans l'espace public - Place du Lignon, Fête de la Danse, Geneva
- 5 May 2019, Scène dans l'espace puclic, La Ville est à vous Acacias, Fête de la Danse, Genève
- 5 May 2019, Scène dans l'espace puclic, Place Simon-Goulard, Fête de la Danse, Genève
- 8th of July 2019, Centre Culturel Ken Saro Wiwa, Paris France
- 27 May to 5 June 2021, Prague Fringe Prologue, ONLINE
- 22 to 25 July 2021, Villa Lardy, Neuchâtel CH
- 4 September 2021, Lahti Fringe, Finland
- 9, 10 and 11 Septembre 2021, Gothenburg Fringe Festival, Sweden
- 2 October 2021, Dni GogolFest, Dnipro, Ukraine
- 13 and 14 Octobre 2021, FinFringe, Turku, Finland
The duet Anchor delves into the complexities of relationships. Playfully probing the tensions between passion and security, wants and needs, fantasy and compassion, within the life of a couple.
In Anchor, Elsa Couvreur and Mehdi Duman play, dance, scream, laugh, but above all, sing a song we all know the lyrics to.
Anchor is a collaboration with Cie Divisar - Mehdi Duman.
Anchor is available on streaming platform Dramox. Watch the show online!
'Wonderfully accurate ... Done with a smile and a sense of fun that you cannot help but to fall for'
'A joyous delight... The authenticity and integrity of the performances from Elsa Couvreur and Mehdi Duman are utterly beguiling... Masterfully done, to exquisite effect.'
THE PEG REVIEW
'The two dancers are masters of movement, timing, agility and goofiness. Compelling and entertaining'
'Their personalities shone through in the quality dance and light-touch humour. I smiled for hours afterwards'
'Expressed with passion, joie de vivre and a dance that showed the incredible core strength of both participants... This was an emotional space you wanted to be in.'
PLAYS TO SEE
'The charms and thoughtfulness of Anchor linger long after the show has ended'